Sunday, January 6, 2008

SPOTTED (Not for the faint-hearted or Marxist)

Dear GP (General Public, God's People, make of it what you will),

I am pretty disturbed by a recent trend that I have seen EXPLODING before my eyes since I arrived back on the lovely crimson campus. Is it just me, or did every bitch on campus show up with a new designer bag (ostensibly procured from some Godless Parnevu celebration of Christ's birth)? If I have to roll my eyes one more time at some bright yellow stitching, they will get stuck.

Now before you take offense, readership, please note that I have a general dislike for ALL phonies, exclusive of class origin or affiliation. That includes monied little city boys running around in "fitteds" as well as MA (middle American) bumpkins flashing their new LVs ("if your handles ain't tan, you ain't the man). Fuckin' Brewster's Crimson Millions up in this piece.

Now being the cultural liaison/middle man I have to see the other side of the coin... which is the equally and consequentially disturbing pressure to procure such manifestations of wealth on Harvard's campus.

But as for those of us who got gassed on 12/25 and will continue to be gassed through 1/14/08 I must reiterate a maxim: Part of being truly fresh is having always been truly fresh. And with that, swagger cannot be supplemented by physical items nor is it contingent upon propensity to buy such items.

Recap:
Being nouveau: icky. Being nouveau for the two weeks following Christmas: excruciating to the community at large.

1 comment:

Jess Roe said...

just found your blog. enjoyed it.

call me soon, we should go make a scene together.

also, its a pity adam never came!