Sunday, April 27, 2008

AOL is Republican Propaganda

Luckily, I was "blessed" enough with catching some real phooey on AOL, which I rarely go on nowadays.



The imagery here is very clear, even to the non racially sensitive eye.

- First of all, it is very easy to tell who AOL is suggesting is the rich male and who the middle class male is. The Black male is rich and the middle class male is the white male, if you couldn't tell.

- This representation is inaccurate. Whereas the plight of the middle class is not racially restrictive, it is more likely for black men to be unemployed (or incarcerated) , or working class than white men.

- This image plays into the working/middle class white man's fear that not only is the government unfairly helping the black man, but also that this government help has propelled him to a professional class which surpasses his.

Why is it that the first time I've been particularly stricken by AOL's breaking of socioeconomic stereotyping it's in their effort to reinforce racial scare tactics? Do they intend to continue to alter the reality in ways that are positive and beneficial towards black male professionalism?

- As Barack Obama comes closer to winning the Democratic nomination, is the Black man in the tailored suit replacing the black man in the orange jumpsuit as the visual representation of white middle America's racial fears? CERTAINLY.
- Historical Note: lynching was most often targeted towards successful black males in the community, these being, apparently the most offensive (threatening) to the Anglo normative social order


To answer AOL's question, perhaps the income gap between rich and middle class families is getting bigger, but so is the income gap between blacks and whites...perhaps they should address this with more realistic imaging. The link to the article reads: "How Bad it'll Get." The coupling with this image implies the white man's ultimate fear and insecurity, i.e., BLACK LEADERSHIP AND ECONOMIC PROSPERITY, LEADS TO BLACK SUPREMACY, and perhaps for the particularly neurotic, LEADS TO WHITE SLAVERY.

I'm sure Middle Americans are eating this shit up. I hope they know that it comes from ass of a racist cowardly bull.







RACIST









I'm offended and terrified. Maybe its about time to write my "I endorse Barack Obama" entry... For now, please consult Professor Tim McCarthy's "The Tim Zone" at http://www.enterthetimzone.blogspot.com/

Stay (RACIALLY) Real,
Papoose

No comments: